| Home | Welche Meme Coins Kaufen | Products | Forums | Affiliate Program| Client Projects | About |

option to automatically login to ownarea on browser start

Submitted by joebullhead on Sat, 2006-02-25 23:34.

Useful for "roamers" to optionally log completely in when starting firefox.

Possibly just use the preference of the last user. Then I can use this on laptops and office computer. And not use it on a shared home computer.

great so far.

Joe

joebullhead Says:
Sat, 2006-02-25 23:36

oops. This was actually another feature request - not a comment.

http://www.glaxstar.com/community/node/19

Glaxstar Admin Says:
Sun, 2006-02-26 00:39

Thanks Joe no probs ;)

This is an interesting dilemma for us when you think about security, I agree a great power feature but we can't just auto-log-in based on last user because this would not work in an internet cafe environment.

I one alternative would be on Firefox close down we threw up an alert window that said "auto login next time YES/NO"

another alternative would be for the user to set a local (non-roaming) preference that said something like "I'm on my own computer so never ask me for my username/password"

thanks for the feedback it will be cool to add this in future.

one last thing, be aware that you can set the login to remember both username and password, Firefox opens the log in panel anyway so all you have to do is clik ok and your in.

-Ian, Glaxstar Team Member

knowing_prophet Says:
Mon, 2006-02-27 06:43

Auto-login was the first thing my brother and I found missing when I installed the extension. I think the best solution would be Ian's second suggestion; a non-roaming preference. It would need to be clearly explained that the preference should not be set on public or shared computers though.

Great work so far,

-Ethan

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

• Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.