| Home | Welche Meme Coins Kaufen | Products | Forums | Affiliate Program| Client Projects | About |

Auto-Upload Bookmarks on First Login

Submitted by knowing_prophet on Mon, 2006-02-27 07:28.

This is kind of 'iffy', but what about when a user logs in for the first time, asking them if they want to upload their bookmarks, and then automatically doing it for them. This could bypass the upload bookmarks window completely, auto-uploading all of the user's bookmarks, or it could go to that window and have all of the bookmarks selected already (to avoid problems when the majority of users hit 'OK' without thinking they need to select them all).

Glaxstar Admin Says:
Mon, 2006-02-27 08:37

yes it could be a little iffy Ethan. We thought about this one quite a lot before launching and balanced the effort factor of uploading roaming bookmarks VS shock of uploading things the user may not have wanted to for some reason.

I think this issue is definitely wide open to debate at this time, personally I've always thought auto-upload would be the best option but I kept it out to air on the side of caution so we were not seen to be "grabbing" anything.

- Ian

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

• Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.